Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A politically incorrect Christmas Greeting

Sorry, but I have to say Merry Christmas

Every year I hear the same thing to many people: "You should not say Merry Christmas. You say Happy Holidays. Not everyone celebrates Christmas!"

Whenever someone tells me I have an internal explosion and unseen. I know that not everyone celebrates Christmas. And I realized that many people have legitimate reasons not to take part in the celebration of the most beloved. But I still hate the fact that "it is assumed that people wish a Merry Christmas!"

For those of you who do not celebrate Christmas, I'd like, please humor me for a couple of minutes.

For me Christmas is a religious festival. It is not Santa Claus and his reindeer, and it is not about maxing my credit card at the mall! Christmas is an annual ritual that forces me and many others to stop being selfish and out of the bubble we live Christmas time makes us look to the outside world and really take the time to appreciate others.

What other time of year you can find so many people in a happy mood for no reason at all? The only thing that is different in their lives is their mood and attitude. During this time of year you will always find people who do nice things for others any other time would never even think about it. Christmas is more than just a celebration day on December 25. It 'a month long season brings out the best in almost everyone.

So if you do not celebrate Christmas, then I wish you a wonderful Christmas season and benefit from other friends' and good humor. Because at least we can all appreciate the good things that happen during this time of year.

The wonderful 2005 holiday season, and hope to continue to read our monthly newsletter throughout 2006 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment