Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sing your music original Pinoy In Italian

I've been gone for our strange landscape for several weeks and yet I never found, nor to the right subject to discuss in this crazy business. I put on the radio and feel the solemnity of Aiza Seguera knew how to cut the madness and desperation of an empty coconut. Unfortunately, I did get sleepy with the song recorded, but with God's help, my long search was over the same time. I found what I strive to see the issue OPM.

OPM was the mark of Filipino songs as time and had already established their careers. But as the clock runs, the style that people crave round and has been shown in the music scene. I am a fan and at the same time, an artist (not judging me, please) of music and I heard the transformation. I do not understand the point of destroying the past and build another present and future, but I think a change needs to be done to this image. Some people say, not worth it because OPM Original Pinoy Music to be in Filipino language while on the contrary, a universal language could raise high the name of the field even if I was the victim of OPM round once, I accidentally in the photo the song "Let Me Be The One" (Jimmy Bondoc) to be an original piece of Nick Carter (a star foreign) which is a serious mistake and a great pride. As a mistake because I thought that only foreign artist can make good music in English, a great pride as a result of having a competent singer to international superstar. Having these advantages and disadvantages you can growl with the push of a disagreement or approving nod.

Almost all local artists moved from Filipino to English for their songs. The trepidation of having empty Filipino OPM pieces for literary-musical contest Contest is not far from reality. Remember that only the songs Filipinos are skilled in litmus races so far. I joined a writing contest and I discovered that even competitors are craving for recognition of English OPMs to be added to the list of songs qualified, even I. I also tried that OPMs English are easier to sing, rather than Filipinos because of the end of each sentence. English OPMs often ends sentences with A and E, compared to the Philippines which ends with O and U, which is much more difficult to control. You can also jade mouth full. I have a good feeling about this (to justify) that the judges in these competitions measure the ability of a singing talent with the difficulties and Ooooing Uuuuing in the song but more than that, I think OPMs English is cool.

The respect and patriotism of the Filipino language use may be reason to restrict songs done in English, but with globalization there insanely desire, I just doubt. Try to sit down and tune in a radio station, see the OPM song is playing, 80% of it is in English, only 20% are Filipino. From "Forever's Not Enough" to "hands to heaven," I do not believe that someone would try to seek kundiman. I can not say why exactly listeners have a better reception with songs in English, except these songs can easily break the monotony of the songs and can be easily inserted with adlibs and acrobats. That is all.

Having OPMs in English is not a big problem for anyone, composers, artists or listeners but also to the history, heroes and the Philippines are strongly opposed. English is not a monster but to love and to develop ours, ours is more appreciative. Do not you think? For me, yes, but I still maintain my position, it is easier to sing in English (sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment