Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cities full of chaotic order

I experienced a break - I got a feeling and translated, now I understand what it is.

I spent most of my adult life in a city, London, UK, in fact, traveling to and from cities in one country or another. I could not understand why even though they were havens for chaos I felt at ease in them.

I spent many years as a graphic designer too, all these years, were in the same city. Unfortunately, being a graph, incredibly, made me miss this feeling, or at least miss-understand what it was. In my opinion, the graphics was all about solving other people's underpants, or theories about short periods of time, the nature of the graphics.

I often looked out the window while I was contemplating an idea and something made me feel well enough to return to this matter vigorously. I think this was the fact that I was looking out into a city.

Why do I find tranquility in a chaotic city? A city can not survive if it does not work correctly, so when I'm in London or Sydney, Singapore City or Paris, and others, I realized that these cities are well established, so they must have a certain order.

I was day dreaming in the studio - in my late re-entry into art, as just before Christmas 2005 after a break of five years of Graphic Design, I rented my studio, and embarked on a journey of fine art, this After solving my theories - and during a break from a morning of intense charcoal and pastel, I sat watching all the bits of charcoal that had accumulated.

My nature provided the first part of my artistic journey, fast, furious and action flowing. Once I'm finished "stuffed". I sat down and noticed all the bits left over away from coal burning sticks. (I say as I have heartburn, many times been burned, forgetting my passion, that charcoal sticks are not the same length!).

I picked up a bit and thought "would not be nice to do a little 'smaller works of art, a change, be cheaper too, and started rolling around and smearing a block of cartridge paper, A2 in size.

I felt better. I had tons of space, and a tiny piece of coal. I was day dreaming again and just let the paper take me where ever wanted. Forms appeared in the pictures, and still in a state of tranquility, I continued with little direction. E 'was great, people love them, I feel a bit' embarrassed as I am having difficulty accepting that they are mine, I know them, but that was pushing the coal?

Anyway, I made another. In doing so gave me time to think, I used another piece of charcoal and started drawing a vertical straight lines, then of course I put in a horizontal line, a little 'shadow, and another vertical line, and so on.

Good God! I was drawing the edges of buildings that looked familiar, was a scene of 'anywhere in London, any "dead", or the backyard terrace.

I was at home. Now he had a theme, and got a feeling. While drawing, I realized that all of billions of London, chaotically placed bricks, pipes, windows, curtains, outside toilet cisterns, as in any city where there was order.

The rest came from the variety of chaos Over the years, he found his order.
I started to put them on my site now, you can see the top four at the bottom of my "projects" page on my website www.alecellis.com - these are the first, as I mentioned above, but those I have yet to put up are more intense and more peaceful.

It shows how happy I am with my new discovery, I have had these four mounted and framed on my wall in the studio. I go to Sydney next week to take shots assign alley, sketches, close-up view of bricks and pipes. The dirtiest, ugliest, bleak and better.

I love the way the front of the house is a face, but the alley ways in which people are not required to risk or compliance, it raises the terrace of houses, are being real careful. exhaust pipes, dirty walls, bins, fencing old little side windows that still retain the fifties or even thirty original curtains, the curtains came with the house.

A million pieces of chaos come to order ... beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment